Frustrating Lesson

I wanted to do a page about rain. I had an idea ... I searched for a good image to draw. And it was looking really good.

And then I ruined it.

I decided the backgound wasn't 'drippy' enough and sprayed some more watered paint onto the page ... which then ran down through my black lettering in a pen that is water based. SIGH. I dried it and went over the letters again, but it isn't as good as it was.

The page behind it was also totally ruined. Thankfully I hadn't worked on it much. But it did have some feathers I'd collected from budgies we were baby sitting, including a quite rare spotted feather. I had taped them to the page ready to draw the birds around it. I've tried to pull the tape off and the feathers came off intact, but the tape is all papery and the feathers aren't as visible as they were. I will have to see if I can affix them to something so they can be saved.

So the lesson learned? DON'T OVER SPRAY THE PAGES OF THIS JOURNAL. DON'T SPRAY BACK TO BACK WITH A PAGE THAT IS BLANK. AND DON'T LET WATER COME ANYWHERE NEAR MY BLACK PEN.

Oh well, a journal is supposed to be about your journey right? And lessons are part of your journey, even painful ones.

Jennidee

Comments

  1. Well, there's no accounting for the effects of water - as you seem to be finding with the amount of rain you're getting! The thing with journal pages I find is that it's best to go with the flow(see what I did there he! he!) I love your lass sheltering from the downpour and your rainy sky! Hope the sun shines soon! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Chris. I'm a bit shy of water now. Every time I use it I seem to wreck the page before. I need to learn to check what is on that page before spraying!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jennie - We are always hardest on ourselves, lol! I love this page - your rain is such a beautiful collection of shades and shapes....and your image is perfect! Thanks for stopping by my blog - and yes, my journal is already getting rather thick even with just five makes in it :-0 Hope the rain stops soon - we are feeling that way about our snow over this way! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just LOVE a thick journal though? Something about it is so ... tasty.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour Journalling

Look Deeper

Laugh